HRAGD SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP CHARTER
Purpose of SIGs
The Human Resources Association of Greater Detroit (HRAGD) establishes Special Interest Groups (SIG) to connect and engage members with other members focused on specialty areas of Human Resources, specific industries, and common interests. HRAGD believes SIG members will enjoy the affiliation with a larger Detroit-area HR association and HRAGD members will benefit from the SIGs’ focused programming.
Active HRAGD SIGs include:
• Between Successes – HR professionals in transition
• Federal Contract Affirmative Action – > 50 employees and $50K+ in federal contracts
• Global HR – programming focused on international HR issues and global mobility
• HR Connects – networking group, connect Vital Partner sponsors with members
• HR Executive Exchange – invitation-only roundtable for HR executive
• Michigan Diversity Council
• MOCA Total Rewards SIG
• SE Michigan Recruiter Connection – internal and external recruiters, staffing issues
Guidelines for Establishing SIGs
1. SIGs will be created and dissolved as needed to serve a targeted audience. There can be an infinite number of SIGs. Future SIGs may include but are not limited to Non-Profit HR, Young HR Professionals, HR Book Discussion Group, MoCA Total Rewards, etc.
2. SIGs should be self-funding and self-governing.
3. Proposed SIGs present a description of their prospective group to the HRAGD President.
4. SIGs should operate with a planning team to govern the SIG and periodically report the group’s activities to the HRAGD board.
5. SIG events should coordinate with and be posted on the HRAGD website calendar so as not to directly conflict with other HRAGD and SIG events.
6. SIG members are not required to be HRAGD members but should promote HRAGD membership to gain HRAGD benefits and attend HRAGD events at member price.
7. SIGs may charge a fee or seek sponsors to cover SIG event costs as needed.
Promoting SIG Events
HRAGD will promote SIG events through the following HRAGD communications channels. Each SIG is welcome to promote its own events separately to reach non-HRAGD members via its own eblasts and LinkedIn groups.
Eblasts -- HRAGD promotes its events through weekly eblasts to HRAGD members including SIG events.
Website (www.hragd.org) -- The HRAGD website has a Special Interest Groups tab with flyouts with descriptions for each SIG [under construction]. New SIGs will be added as they are established.
Newsletter -- The HRAGD Communications Committee produces monthly newsletters (September through June) to promote all HRAGD and SIG programs, recap events, feature legal updates, share best practices, feature articles from members, etc.
Press Releases -- The HRAGD Public Relations Committee periodically sends press releases to local media to promote HRAGD events, new board members, etc.
For questions on HRAGD SIGs, contact Eileen Vernor, HRAGD President, (313) 570-7949, email@example.com.