The Michigan Diversity Council Special Interest Group
About the Michigan Diversity Council
The Michigan Diversity Council (MIDC) is a resource in providing valuable learning opportunities to companies, employees and community members. Launched in April 2009, this organization complements the existing diversity initiatives in Michigan by providing on-going learning sessions, discussion and best-practice sharing among leading companies and diversity professionals.The mission of the MIDC is to enhance the appreciation for and understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We serve as a resource for businesses seeking to develop their diversity and inclusion efforts and provide programming opportunities which:
- Advance corporate leadership, education and awareness of the varied dimensions of diversity
- Commit professionals to discuss issues, challenge attitudes and promote organizational change that supports diversity
- Encourage a diverse Michigan talent pool through outreach efforts that connect youth entering the workforce with businesses
By cultivating the unique talents, experiences and backgrounds of current and future employees, Michigan businesses will be seen as leaders in the global marketplace, and our state will be regarded as a great place to live and work.
2011 Programming Topics
Educational & Training Opportunities
- Supplier Diversity
- Strategic Diversity Planning
- Diversity Best Practices Forum
- A Fresh Approach to Employee Resource Groups
- Measuring Success: How Effective is Your Diversity Program?
- Innovative Diversity Training
- Cultural I.Q.: Putting Cultural Intelligence to Work for your Organization
Signature Events & Special Conferences
- Michigan CEO Diversity Forum
- Moving Forward: MIDC Annual Women’s Conference
- The Diversity Conference; in partnership with the Detroit Regional Chamber
The MIDC is a member-driven organization. Programming, events and publications are developed and led by member companies/individuals. We welcome your ideas for improvement and suggestions for programming topics. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit www.michigandiversitycouncil.org for more information or contact Lauren Ayles at Lauren.Ayles@michigandiversitycouncil.org.